Thursday 12 April 2012

Ayurvedic Recipes


If you love practicing yoga and are wondering how to incorporate yogic principles into other parts of your life, then maybe it's time to start bringing a little Ayurvedic magic into your kitchen! (And if you're wondering what the heck Ayurveda is, it might be worthwhile checking out my What is Ayurveda? post for a quick overview).

Ayurvedic cooking is one of the my great passions. Nutritious and nourishing, the addition of Ayurvedic food to my diet has greatly improved my quality of life and introduced new and healthy recipes into my culinary repertoire. Ayurveda is light on dietary restrictions and prohibitions, which can be refreshing when you're feeling a little befuddled by the latest fad diet.


There are some excellent recipes out there and some of my favourites are on Fran's House of Ayurveda. With recipes such as "Cosmic Curry" and "Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits", this lovely website will help you start your Ayurvedic adventure with very little fuss - it even explains how each meal will affect the individual's constitution!


I recommend trying the Kichadi (or "Kitcharee") - a classic Ayurvedic dish that is good for stimulating the digestion and is particularly warming on those cold Winter nights. 


Happy cooking!


*Little Lotus*

No comments:

Post a Comment